You booked that flight, did all the travel planning needed, packed your bags and got to your destination and now, you are ready to share those gorgeous travel shots on social media but need inspiration. We’re here to help with over 130 travel captions for your Instagram post.
Whether you are looking for inspirational, wise, fun, clever, cool or adventurous travel captions, we got you covered with this extensive list with the best prompts. Take a cue from our suggestions and get your creativity flow or copy and paste the entire caption straightaway, we are happy to help.
Travel captions that go with all kinds of photos
These travel captions go perfectly with every kind of travel pic. Instead of just adding emojis, try to use one of these captions to increase your Instagram post’s engagement.
- Better than my wildest dreams.
- Up in the clouds, on my way to unknown things.
- Wanderlust. A desire to travel, to understand one’s very existence.
- Don’t spend your money on things. Spend it on experiences!
- “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” – Jim Cahill
- Travel becomes a strategy for accumulating photographs.
- Let no one keep you from your journey.
- Don’t call it a travel dream. Call it a plan.
- No matter what happens, travel gives you a story to tell.
- “Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport.” – Unknown
- Stop dreaming, start traveling.
- Paradise isn’t a place, it’s a feeling.
- Incurable wanderlust
- Making the best memories along the way.
- “Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times.” – Asian Proverb
- May everyday bring a new adventure.
- Vacation state of mind.
- Let your dreams take flight.
- Living my best life – one plane ticket at a time.
- Happiness is landing in a new country.
- “This wasn’t a strange place; it was a new one.” – Paulo Coelho
- “ A nomad I will remain for life, in love with distant and uncharted places.” – Isabelle Eberhardt
- “We take photographs as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone.” — Katie Thurmes
- If you never go, you will never know.
- Work hard, travel harder
- “Wander often, wonder always.” – John Travers
- Work, Travel, Save, Repeat.
- “Add life to your days, not days to your life.” – Unknown
- If not now, then when?
Inspirational travel captions
Seeing new places and cultures fills us with joy and wonder. Inspirational travel quotes remind us of the importance of travel and they are the perfect complement to a beautiful travel photo. Here are some of our favorite inspirational travel captions for the gram.
- “To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, To gain all while you give, To roam the roads of lands remote: To travel is to live.” – Hans Christian Andersen
- “One’s destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things.” – Henry Miller
- “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” – Anthony Bourdain
- I may be going nowhere, but what a ride.
- “I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.” – Eric Roth
- “Then one day, when you least expect it, the great adventure finds you.” – Ewan Mcgregor
- The only trip you will regret is the one you didn’t take.
- “Joy in looking and comprehending is nature’s most beautiful gift.” – Albert Einstein
- “Traveling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comforts of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things — air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky. All things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it.” – Cesare Pavese
- “I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” – Rosalía de Castro
- “To travel is worth any cost or sacrifice.” – Elizabeth Gilbert in Eat, Pray, Love
- Look deep into nature and then you will understand everything better.
- “Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing.” – Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead
- “There are far better things ahead than the ones we leave behind.” – C.S. Lewis
- To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world. – Freya Stark
- “Do what you love and you will never be late.”
- “The gladdest moment in human life, me thinks, is a departure into unknown lands.” – Sir Richard Burton
- “There is freedom waiting for you, on the breezes of the sky. And you ask “What if I fall?” Oh but my darling, what if you fly?” – Erin Hanson
- The fastest way to expand your horizons is to visit somewhere new.
- “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
- Keep your love of nature, for that is the true way to understand art more and more.
- Your wings already exist, all you have to do is fly.
- “The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.” – Anna Quindlen
Adventure travel captions
Most trips turn into unforgettable adventures. Use a bold IG caption to share your incredible travel adventure with your friends and family and let them join you on this journey through your Instagram caption.
- “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
- “Instead of trying to make your life perfect, give yourself the freedom to make it an adventure, and go ever upward.” – Drew Houston
- “If happiness is the goal– and it should be, then adventures should be a priority.” – Richard Branson
- Always say yes to new adventures.
- “Adventure should be part of everyone’s life. It is the whole difference between being fully alive and just existing.” – Holly Morris
- “And at the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy, and your eyes sparkling.” – Shanti
- “I am one of those who never knows the direction of my journey until I have almost arrived.” – Anna Louise Strong
- “The adventures first, explanations take such a dreadful time.” – Lewis Carroll
- Let the adventure begin.
- The fastest way to expand your horizons is to visit somewhere new.
- “There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.” – Beverly Sills
- “Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures.” – Lovelle Drachman
- “I love waking up in the morning not knowing what’s gonna happen or who I’m gonna meet, where I’m gonna wind up.” – Jack in Titanic
- Seek adventures that open your mind.
- Adventure fills my soul
Wise travel captions
Wisdom packed in a travel IG quote, need we say more? The following travel captions are perfect for adding an intellectual touch to your travel photo.
- “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.” — Erol Ozan
- “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” – Hilaire Belloc
- “I travel because it makes me realize how much I haven’t seen, how much I’m not going to see, and how much I still need to see.” – Carew Papritz
- “Nobody can discover the world for somebody else. Only when we discover it for ourselves does it become common ground and a common bond and we cease to be alone.” — Wendell Berry
- “This is what holidays, travels, vacations are about. It is not really rest or even leisure we chase. We strain to renew our capacity to wonder, to shock ourselves into astonishment once again.” – Shana Alexander
- “I travel because I become uncomfortable being too comfortable.” — Carew Papritz
- “Some journeys in life can only be traveled alone.” — Ken Poirot
- “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson
- “The history of mankind is the instant between two strides taken by a traveler.” – Franz Kafka
- “Traveling isn’t always about running away from things, sometimes it’s about running into what you truly want.” – Unknown
- “Do not stop thinking of life as an adventure. You have no security unless you can live bravely, excitingly, imaginatively, unless you can choose a challenge instead of a competence.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “And then there is the most dangerous risk of all — the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.” – Randy Komisar
- “Investment in travel is an investment in yourself.” – Matthew Karsten
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
- “To travel is to take a journey into yourself.” — Danny Kaye
- “There are seven days in a week, and “someday” is not one of them.” – Benny Lewis
- “In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take.” – Lewis Carroll
- “We lose ourselves in the things we love. We find ourselves there, too.” – Kristin Martz
- “Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.” – John Lennon
- “Travel is rich with learning opportunities, and the ultimate souvenir is a broader perspective.” – Rick Steves
- “I can’t control the wind but I can adjust the sail.” – Ricky Skaggs
- “The use of traveling is to regulate imagination with reality, and instead of thinking of how things may be, see them as they are.” – Samuel Johnson
- “Travel is only glamorous in retrospect.” – Paul Theroux
- “Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.” – Dolly Parton
- “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
Road trip travel captions
We believe going on a road trip is one of the most exciting adventures. It also gives you plenty of time to reflect and be with yourself. Pick one of these Instagram captions to make your road trip photo stand out or express how you felt.
- “Road trips required a couple of things: a well-balanced diet of caffeine, salt and sugar and an excellent selection of tunes—oh, and directions.” – Jenn McKinlay
- “It’s a road trip! It’s about adventure! … It’s not like we have somewhere to go.” – John Green
- “Because the greatest part of a road trip isn’t arriving at your destination. It’s all the wild stuff that happens along the way.” – Emma Chase
- “The road is a great listener.” – Song by Mitchell Stone
- Windows down, music up.
- Your life, your ride.
- Every road leads to the whole world.
- I don’t care how long it takes, but I’m going somewhere beautiful.
- Embracing my inner road tripper.
- Life is too short to not go on a spontaneous road trip.
Beach travel captions
Imagine taking a stunning travel pic on a dreamy Greek beach and not having the perfect caption to go with it. Don’t worry about it and choose one from the awesome Instagram beach captions below.
- We dream in colors borrowed from the sea.
- “Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- How to get a beach body: Step 1: Have a body. Step 2: Go to the beach.
- Life takes you down many paths, but the best ones lead to the beach.
- All I need is a good dose of vitamin sea.
- Girls just wanna have sun.
- The ocean breeze puts my mind at ease.
- The tans fade, but the memories last a lifetime.
- “To escape and sit quietly on the beach – that’s my idea of paradise.” – Emilia Wickstead
- “At the beach, life is different. Time doesn’t move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides and follow the sun.” – Sandy Gingras
Desert travel captions
If you’re traveling to majestic desert destinations like the Sahara Desert in Morocco or the Atacama desert in Chile, feel free to use these captions for your Instagram travel post.
- Wanderlust and desert dust.
- “Magic of the shadows can best be seen in the deserts.” – Mehmet Murat
- Lost in the desert.
- Never met a desert sunset I didn’t like.
- Of all the paths you take in life, make sure some of them are sandy.
- “The desert, when the sun comes up, I couldn’t tell where heaven stopped and the Earth began.” – Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump
- “Like water in the desert is wisdom to the soul.” – Edward Counsel
- Somehow, the stars are just better out here.
Funny travel captions
Travel should be fun! Use a funny travel caption in your Instagram post and we guarantee you’ll make your followers laugh.
- The only thing I love more than traveling is eating. So why not do both at the same time?
- Calories don’t count when you’re on vacation.
- “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley
- I love those days when my only decision is window or aisle.
- One of the reasons I travel solo: I do not have to share all the delicious food!
- Good things come to those who book flights.
- I need a vacation so long, I forget all my passwords.
- “It can’t all be sunshine and piña coladas… but it is right now.” – Unknown
- You don’t need magic to disappear; all you need is a destination.
- Work tip: Stand up. Stretch. Buy a ticket. Go to the airport and never return.
- Stung by the travel bug. There’s no way back.
- A change of latitude would help my attitude.
- “No place is ever as bad as they tell you it’s going to be.” – Chuck Thompson
If you’re posting your solo travel pic, don’t forget to tag us on Instagram as @solofemaletravelersclub
Got any more travel captions? Share them in the comments below.