Solo Female Travelers is looking for a passionate female traveler who wants to join a remote, fast growing, female-powered and female focused travel business and online community.
We are offering one lucky candidate a full time remote position as a Content Editor & Community Manager in a fast-paced and dynamic environment where she can learn the ropes of an online start up in the digital, content and travel world, while contributing to the growth of the business and making a difference in the travel industry.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate has top-notch organizational skills, a passion for the travel industry and female empowerment, a love for community and in-depth experience in content creation, video and photo editing and social media.
In particular, she should be:
- Passionate about female empowerment.
- A team player and interested in the team’s success beyond her own.
- A fast learner, resourceful and auto-didactic, she can find answers to most basic questions on her own and loves to learn about everything and anything. Curiosity is key.
- Hands-on, practical and ready to roll-up sleeves and help on a range of tasks as required by a fast-changing business.
- Flexible to changing priorities based on business needs and able to cope with uncertainty.
- Able to work independently without constant supervision or a physical team around.
- Highly skilled at multi-tasking.
- Creative, able to think outside the box and come up with ideas.
- Experienced video editor with professional level quality output, able to compress footage into short video content for social media consumption
- Professional photo taking and editing skills and experience capturing group travel
- Well-organised, with obsessive attention to detail but capable of knowing the 20% to leave out.
- Well-traveled and with a deep love for solo traveling and discovering the world.
- Passionate about social media, the candidate must be an experienced Facebook and Instagram user. Experience managing online communities is a plus.
- Based in Europe, the Middle East or South Asia to be able to cover regular working hours in that time zone.
- Excellent written communication skills in English. Able to distill and structure information into a written piece for online consumption.
- Formal education is not required but we will value those with degrees in journalism, marketing, social media, digital marketing, graphic design, videography, photography, English or writing.
The successful candidate will spend 20% of her time managing our online community with 340,000 women who travel solo and other associated social media networks, and the remaining time on various assignments related to content creation, video and photo editing, customer service and in the future, travel on assignment.
Your Day to Day
- Community management on Facebook: You will moderate a fast paced and highly engaged 340,000-member Facebook Group. You will approve posts, moderate the discussions, uphold the community rules, and respond to member questions (experience as a Solo Female Traveler is desirable).
- Social media content creation: Create video and image content for Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and tik tok in line with our brand identity.
- Customer management: Respond to guest questions and queries over FB messenger and other social media channels, provide details of our tours, and go the extra mile with customer service.
- Photo editing: Edit photos from our tours.
- Graphic design: As and when required, design graphics to be used on the website and / or on social media.
- Video editing will be a plus: Edit footage from our trips into recap videos and social media content.
From time to time, the candidate will also be required to travel on assignment to capture the women-only tours we offer both on video as well as through photography.
What we offer
- Advanced training of key tools: Canva, Facebook Groups and Pages, Instagram, etc.
- Learn how to set up, grow and manage a large online community.
- No-holds-barred approach to sharing everything we have learned after 12+ cumulative years as online entrepreneurs and 20+ in the corporate world.
- Ocassional travel on assignment to join our small group trips for women and take photography and videography.
- Experience creating engaging content which captivates an audience and sells.
- Flexibility to live wherever you want as long as the working hours can be respected. This is a remote position.
- Being a part of a fast-paced organization in its early stages of growth.
- 4 weeks of paid time off per year.
- Annual bonus based on personal and company performance.
What this opportunity is not
- A short-term in between jobs way to stay occupied. We are looking for a full time team member with a long term commitment to joining a fast-growing company.
- A way to travel the world. While the job may offer opportunities to travel and join some of our tours, these are not vacations but job assignments. This opportunity will become available after a candidate has established a long-term commitment to the position, and proven to be an asset to the team.
- An office job. This role is remote and management and supervision will happen via video call for the foreseeable future.
Our Facebook group is the core of the community and this website is the repository where we share resources on solo female travel. We also offer online courses and small group trips for women to come on their own. You can read more about us here and about our values here.
Your day-to-day job will be carried out alongside the founders, Mar and Meg.
We are a fully distributed company working from Central America, Australia, Singapore and Spain and use a variety of tools to stay connected and efficient.
Meg is a successful online entrepreneur and blogger who started blogging in 2013. She has built a six figure business based on brand collaborations, partnerships and affiliates, and is an established travel freelance writer.
Having visited 100+ countries across all seven continents, Megan has accumulated a wealth of knowledge about what the world has to offer. She started traveling solo at 18, and continues to take solo trips, despite now being married (she met her husband Mike on Mt Kilimanjaro in Tanzania).
A professional content creator, Meg’s travel writing has been widely published and acknowledged by publications such as National Geographic, the New York Times, Forbes, and British Airways High Life.
Mar is a former strategy consultant and Googler turned online entrepreneur. She has lived in 8 countries and visited more than 135 in the last 17 years.
During her time as a management consultant Mar traveled every week to countries in the Middle East, Africa and Asia on assignments in the telecoms industry. She has worked with CEOs and Boards of Directors of several billion-dollar companies and taken interim CMO positions.
Mar has been coaching multi-cultural global teams on a diverse range of projects her entire career is a recognised leader and people manager. She has also worked with a range of travel brands on a variety of assignments.
Please familiarise yourself with the work that we do:
- Read the resources available on this website so you know the type of content we produce.
- Check out our Facebook group and join.
- Look at our Facebook page.
Are you the right candidate?
- Do you have excellent written communication skills in English?
- Will you be passionate to wake up and work with us everyday?
- Are you a professional video and photo editor?
- Do you love to travel solo?
- Are you a fast learner?
- Are you a multi tasking ninja?
- Does your attention to detail bordeline obsessive?
- Can you work independently without supervision or a physical team?
- Are you an all rounded, hard working superstar?
- Do you plan to be with us long term?
If you answered yes to all of the above, please apply now.
Applications Now OPEN
Please submit your candidacy HERE.
Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview within 2 weeks of application. This position will remain open until filled. Don’t wait or delay to complete your submission.
For any questions, you may reach us via email at [email protected]