Solo Female Travelers is looking for a passionate traveler who wants to learn everything there is to know about running a successful online business / community to join our remote team.
We are offering one lucky candidate a (minimum of) 3 months coaching, training and mentoring opportunity in a fast-paced and dynamic environment where she can learn the ropes of an online start up in the digital, content and travel world, while contributing to the growth of the business.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate has top-notch video editing skills and wants to learn, first hand, all other aspects of setting up and growing a successful online business from an experienced team. IN particular, she should be:
- A team player and interested in the team’s success beyond her own.
- Advanced user of Final Cut Pro, Intermediate user of Photoshop and passionate about creating video content (essential).
- Female, as the community is only open to womxn*.
- A fast learner, resourceful and auto-didactic, she can find answers to most basic questions on her own.
- Hands-on, practical and ready to roll-up sleeves and help on a range of tasks as required by a fast-changing business.
- Flexible to change priorities based on business needs and able to cope with uncertainty.
- Creative, able to think outside the box and come up with ideas.
- Well-organised, with attention to detail but capable of knowing the 20% to leave out.
- Based in Asia, the Pacific, the Middle East, Africa or Europe. Candidates from the Americas will be assessed on a case by case basis.
- Able to commit to a minimum of 3 months full time.
- Formal education is not required but we will value those with creative degrees.
The successful candidate will receive daily one-on-one coaching so she can learn everything it takes to start, grow and monetise and online business. This is not just an internship but a training program.
About half her time will be spent creating video content and the rest on the other parts of the business. After 6 months we expect the candidate to be able to create her own successful online business.
What we offer:
- On the job training on most tasks required for the day-to-day management of an online business.
- Weekly hands-on workshop slots for semi-formal training.
- Advanced use and learning of key tools such as WordPress, Canva, Facebook Groups and Pages, and collaboration tools such as Slack, Taskworld, MailerLite and G Suite.
- Advanced experience in email marketing.
- Tips, tricks and hacks for productivity when setting up, growing and managing a large online community.
- No-holds-barred approach to sharing everything we have learned after 12+ cumulative years as online entrepreneurs and 20+ in the corporate world.
- In-depth understanding of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and how to use it to drive traffic, conversions and sales
- Experience creating engaging content which captivates an audience and sells.
- Opportunities to travel on assignment for the right candidate.
What this opportunity is not:
- A short-term in between jobs way to stay occupied. We are committing to weekly training schedules which require a strong commitment, if you are not sure you can devote a minimum of 3 full-time months please refrain from applying.
- A way to travel the world. Given the current pandemic and the timeline for this internship, only candidates committing to a minimum of 6 months will be able to join us on press trips or other travel assignments.
- An office job, this role is remote. Candidates based in either Seoul, Singapore or Tasmania may have occasional in person meetings with the team but the majority of the work will be done online.
This role is remote and will be carried out online and via video calls with the rest of the team.
Led by Mar Pages and Meg Jerrard, Solo Female Travelers is an online platform and community for solo female travelers around the world to find tips, tricks and advice to travel safer, better and longer.
Your day-to-day job will be carried out alongside the founders, Mar and Meg, as well as Video and Content Manager Cal, and freelancers on occasion. We are a fully distributed company working from Tasmania, Singapore and Seoul and use a variety of tools to stay connected and efficient.
Meg is a successful online entrepreneur and blogger who started blogging in 2013. She has built a six figure business based on brand collaborations, partnerships and affiliates, and is an established travel freelance writer.
Meg has been managing communities since 2014 and is the Admin of 7 groups. Her website, Mapping Megan, receives well over 100,000 page views a month and is a go-to resource for adventure travel.
Having visited 50+ countries across all seven continents, Megan has accumulated a wealth of knowledge about what the world has to offer. She started traveling solo at 18, and continues to take solo trips, despite now being married (she met her husband Mike on Mt Kilimanjaro in Tanzania).
A professional content creator, Meg’s travel writing has been widely published and acknowledged by publications such as National Geographic, the New York Times, Forbes, and British Airways High Life.
Mar is a former strategy consultant and Googler turned online entrepreneur. She has lived in 8 countries and visited more than 115 in the last 15 years.
During her time as a management consultant Mar traveled every week to countries in the Middle East, Africa and Asia on assignments in the telecoms industry. She has worked with CEOs and Boards of Directors of several billion-dollar companies and taken interim CMO positions.
Mar has been coaching multi-cultural global teams on a diverse range of projects her entire career is a recognised leader and people manager. She has also worked with a range of travel brands on a variety of assignments.
She now divides her time between her businesses, a luxury travel blog with close to 500,000 monthly views, her boutique consulting firm and the Solo Female Travelers platform, as well as speaking engagement and mentorship/angel investor roles.
Please familiarise yourself with the work that we do:
- Read the sources available on this website so you know the type of content we produce.
- Check out our Facebook group and join.
- Look at our Facebook page.
- Check out our sub-groups
- Have a look at the type of videos we produce on our YouTube channel
I can say without any hesitation that if I were given the opportunity to work with Meg and Mar when first starting out in this industry I’d absolutely jump at the chance. In fact, even now if I had the time to spare I’d be tempted to apply. There’s no doubt in my mind that whoever is given this position will come away with the skills and knowledge to do great things with their own business.
Meg and Mar are leaders in the travel blogging community who are always eager to provide helpful advice to their peers. Both ladies are a wealth of knowledge and the perfect mentors to anyone looking to learn how to launch a successful online business.
Mar and Meg are accomplished bloggers and business owners themselves who have selflessly spent countless hours assisting fellow bloggers. You’ll undoubtedly gain invaluable experience and guidance through this incredible opportunity.
The Intern-Trainee position has been filled. To register your interest once the next round of applications opens, email [email protected]
I’ve known Megan since starting my blog in 2012. She’s always been a helpful and available presence both in groups and personally. I’ve found her to be honest and generous with her time and knowledge. I’ve even landed paid assignments thanks to both Megan and Mar. They are influencers in the best sense of the word.
Megan’s truly been a fantastic mentor for the past few years, even from afar. Her advice is always highly appreciated and valued. She’s a reliable resource whose kindness and positivity also go a long way for encouragement. Whenever I’ve had a question about travel blogging, as a monetized business, she’s been my go-to for an answer. Megan is fantastic for the community both on a grand scale and one-on-one level.
Meg and Mar are rockstars, and I am constantly filled with gratitude at the amount I’ve learned about being a successful blogger.
I’ve been learning from Meg for years. Her advice will help you to implement an undeniably successful strategy. She has perfected her ability to form interpersonal connections with brands, sponsors, and of course, with her followers, and has given me the tools and resources that I need to create the opportunities, exposure, and increased knowledge necessary in order to succeed in the travel blogging industry. Meg inspires, encourages, and re-ignites the enthusiasm I sometimes am lacking when I have gotten discouraged or overwhelmed.
Not only are these two powerful motivators and champion of women, but their combined groups and websites are a huge source of support and empowerment for travelers and those of us who are thrilled to be able to learn as much as possible to live our dream lives as travel bloggers and kickass content creators.
I could go on and on, but I’ll just summarize to say that if you are looking for someone to guide and mentor you, and need help to monetize your business, Meg and Mar know exactly what you need to do in order to succeed.
Director Data & Analytics, Mas Movil
I worked with Mar in several countries in Africa, Middle East and South East Asia and she is one of the most brilliant people I have come across during my professional life.
Mar is structured, confident, creative and gives a very practical and realistic approach to every piece of work she touches.
She is extremely hard worker and honest with everything she does. On top of that she is a very fun person to work with and knows how to take the best out of her teams. I would rely 100% on Mar and I would definitely love to collaborate with her in the future.
I am an international solo female traveler with more than 20 years of experience, but I am a new travel blogger. I decided to leave my successful corporate career to invest in my own business and have more freedom to continue traveling. This new journey has given me the opportunity to meet many amazing women, and among the most inspirational is Megan Jerrard.
Megan is more than a role model. She gave me the opportunity to ask questions and offered solid advice since day 1. Megan is just so kind and genuine and passionate about helping other women to be successful.
Since we met, Megan has been my mentor, sharing her knowledge and helping me build confidence in myself and my business. Megan is a true leader and coach. With her guidance and experience building and growing online businesses, I truly believe she can help anyone achieve their goals. She knows what she is doing, and she knows how to help others overcome challenges and realize their potential.
Client Services Director, In Marketing We trust
Mar is incredibly knowledgable, professional, reliable and switched on.
All projects that I’ve worked on with her have been very successful and she has always exceeded my expectations.
Working with Mar is very easy!
Meg has been an ultimate source of inspiration for me for many years! I’ve started my travel blog back in 2013 and I joined her travel blogging Facebook group not long after. I’ve learned so much from her! Meg has always been sharing her skills and tips openly, she is literally the only person I know who is willing to help others selflessly.
She is living with a passion to travel and love to other people. What’s more, she is a professional that is working hard to build and scale her online businesses. I can’t imagine a better person if you are looking for a mentor.
Meg is a wonderful mentor. I met her via social media at the end of my second year of blogging, and I wish I had known her sooner – I learned so much from her!
She is very knowledgeable about the industry, patient and generous with her time, no matter how busy she gets. Her tips are always clear, practical and actionable and, in my case, really brought it results.
I particularly appreciate her way with words and not just in her articles: she is very professional in all communications and her style really helped me tweak and perfect my own: an invaluable asset for building successful professional partnerships.
After more than seven years in this industry, I can say that Meg is one of the people who has contributed the most to its development lately. Her altruistic contributions on various channels and social networks and her willingness to help those starting out do not go unnoticed. Without a doubt, a professional to keep track of in the near future.
I have been a long time follower of Meg and her work. She is both an inspiration and a mentor to me, somebody I have always been able to turn to for guidance and advice as it pertains to the many different facets of running a website and online business.
I have always been impressed with Meg’s ability to take complex information and make it simple and easy to understand. Her attention to detail and commitment to helping others is second to none. She has always responded to me in a timely fashion and with thorough and thoughtful answers to my many questions. She is reliable and goes about her work with grace and a true helper’s spirit of paying it forward.
She is a gem in this online marketing world and I appreciate her so!